It’s that time of year, the time when the nip in the air is a little more welcome.Â The time when people tend to smile a little more.Â The time when there’s a soundtrack to your day…and it’s coming from every speaker within a 20 mile radius.Â
In honor of my favorite time of year, I thought I’d make a Top Ten list of my favorite Christmas songs.Â Feel free to sing along and enjoy!
TopÂ 15 FAVORITE Christmas Songs (sorry, I just couldn’t narrow it down!):
Â 15. Grown-Up Christmas List, Kelly Clarkson (didn’t see that one comin’, did ya?)
14. The Christmas Waltz
13. I Want A Hippopatamus for Christmas
12. Snoopy vs. the Red Baron
11. The Man With the Bag
10. Jingle Bells (it’s placement in this list is entirely dependent upon at least the second verse being included)
9. Here Comes Santa Clause
8. Carol of the Bells, by the Trans Siberian Orchestra…of course
7. We Wish You the Merriest, by Bing & Frank…it’s utterly delightful
6. There’s No Place Like Home For the Holidays, by Dean-o
5. (It Must’ve Been Ol’) Santa Claus, Harry Connick, Jr.
4. I’ll Be Home for Christmas, by Frank…gives me chills
3. In the Bleak Midwinter, James Taylor
2. White Christmas, by Bing…or The Drifters
1. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas, by anyone, at all, except Gloria Estephan
And, just so you know how awesome my favorites are, here are my absolute least favorites…I dare say some of them make me want to give up and say BAH-HUMBUG!Â They take the pep right out of my Christmas step.Â They tell my inner-child I’m on the naughty list.Â They burn the metaphorical chestnuts right off that roasting fire. In other words, they simply ruin my Christmas spirit.
Top 10 LEAST FAVORITE Christmas Songs:
Â 10. Frosty the Snowman, unless it’s the Jackson Five or Willie Nelson
9. Any “cutesy” revision of The Twelve Days of Christmas…they all suck.Â All of them.
8. O Holy Night, by Michael Crawford…it sounds like he’s swallowing his tongue
7. The Peanuts Song…not Christmas Time is Here, the OTHER Peanuts Song.Â Â It doesn’t even SOUND Christmas-y!
6. O Holy Night, by Josh Groban…dude, he changes the words.Â Don’t mess with a classic
5. This Christmas, by Gloria Estephan…it’s a song about gettin’ it on and she included a children’s chorus, that’s messed up
4. Christmas Through Your Eyes, again, by Gloria Estephan
3. The Little Drummer Boy, unless it’s by Mercy Me
2. The Virgin Mary Had a Baby Boy, What’s with the calypso beat? It’s Christmas, not spring break in the Bahamas.
1. Lo, How a Rose E’re Blooming